Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Employment Type: Full-time, 40hrs per week
Shift: 1st (Monday – Friday)
CNA Position Summary
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) provides each assigned patients with personal care services in accordance with the patient’s nursing assessments and care plan, and as directed by the nurse supervisor.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Follow Hospice policies and procedures and work assignments.
- Provide clinical assistance to patients.
- Participates with the IDG in the development and implementation of the patient/family’s plan of care as requested.
- Document tasks performed and other comments related to visit.
- Communicate with family or facility staff to ensure nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the patient.
- Communicate with supervisor on regularly scheduled basis to assist in identifying areas of concern regarding patient care.
- Attend and participate in hospice orientation and training as requested.
- Follow established safety precautions in the performance of all duties.
- Honor and adhere to patient privacy guidelines.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all patients and families at all times.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or GED.
- 2 years direct patient care, previous home care or hospice experience preferred.
- Active SC CNA licensure and CPR required.
- Ability to interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds and at all levels of authority.
- Ability to be flexible, deal with crisis situations and make independent judgments.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and strong knowledge of electronic medical records.